Location Denver, CO
Job Title NOC Operations Technician
Are you inspired by a job that challenges you to be proactive, lead technology decisions, and come up with new ideas that will push a product above and beyond your competitors ViaSat provides a unique blend of technical challenge, opportunity to excel, team camaraderie, and opportunity to work with industry leaders. Sound interesting?
As a Network Operations Technician you will be a conscientious eye for network surveillance, troubleshooting, resolving/restoring and break/fix activities. Working with our engineering staff you will support implementation and testing of new services
during maintenance activities. This role allows you to operate and keep an eye on our international broadband services IP network, satellite gateway earth stations and an RF network using established network monitoring, control systems and tools. Be an important part of our notification process of impacting events
within established SLAs. Play a significant role of coordinating with Tier 4 and Tier 5 Engineers to implement configuration change and other maintenance activity on the network.
* A Network+ Certification or 1+ years of equivalent work experience
* Able and willing to work a rotating schedule in a 24x7x365 environment.
* High school diploma or GED
* US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status
* Experience in operating DOCSIS and/or Wimax based broadband data network, cable modems and DSL networks or fiber optic networks and infrastructure.
* Working knowledge in high end Juniper and Cisco Routers and Switches.
* Solid knowledge of internet routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP and Internet TCP/IP Services (DNS and DHCP).
* Experience with or knowledge of uplink/downlink gateway earth stations, RF systems (including Antenna systems), critical facility support infrastructure, monitor and control systems and associated hardware.
* Associates degree or higher
Living in Denver means you get to enjoy: panoramic vistas on your morning commute, three hundred days of sunshine, the largest public parks system of any U.S. city, world:class theatre, museums, sports teams and a cost of living thats easy on your wallet
We are seeking candidates who have a fascination with and the desire to learn and work on cutting edge technologies, who are driven to succeed and who have a commitment to excellence. If this sounds interesting to you then ViaSat might be the right choice. Please take a minute : we look forward to hearing from you
ViaSat is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence status may be required for some projects. Verification of citizenship required upon accepting employment.